Monday, July 18, 2011

The final five


You might think after having two children that I would remember to not get too eager for the third baby to come. Today I am officially full-term, meaning Seth will make his appearance sometime in the next five weeks. I still need to get my bag ready for the birthing center, but I am ready for him to come now! Okay, now would not be the best timing because Jonas is taking the bar next Tuesday and Wednesday, my sister who lives in town is at Girl's Camp this week, and my mom and mother-in-law can't come this week for various reasons. But me, I'm ready. Let me say that I'm ready to be done being pregnant. I am tired and I am uncomfortable. Mostly just tired. Thankfully our two sweet girls entertain themselves fairly well, and Kj is very obedient. Moo is two, so we'll cut her some slack in the obedience arena.

I didn't think I'd be this eager to get this baby out. I've been trying to prepare myself mentally for the dreaded last four weeks, telling myself not to get my hopes up for an early arrival, that the baby will come when he's ready, etc. I think this pregnancy has been harder in that my body is older and I feel more pains and discomfort. It sounds funny to me to say that, "my body is older." I'm only 29, but there it is. I don't know how 40-year old women carrying twins do it.

By the way, it's difficult to find an image of a tired pregnant woman without her naked belly sticking out everywhere.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Good luck! can't wait to "meet" him.

Britney said...

I am so excited to see what this baby looks like! You will do great and hopefully won't be late to everything like I am :) But it's ok if you are.... i get it :)

A, M and S said...

I think the last 5 weeks of pregnancy are emotionally about as long as the first 35 weeks combined. Today I was musing over how you will have your third child at about the age I was having my first! I guess I'm a late bloomer.

Joann said...

I totally understand, my body is just as old and YES it seems like the pregnancy isn't as smooth sailing as it was when I was 21. I feel like I've been in the last trimester half way through. BUT, I am grateful that the summer hasn't been hot, and my kids help out. I love that! I hope this baby comes earlier rather than after the due date.

amanda j said...

So, so, SO true! How is it that you can really feel the difference between a pregnancy at 23 and one even two years later!? What the!? Anyway, glad you're holdin' on! Best wishes for his safe arrival! (And, I appreciate the non-naked belly picture. ;D )