Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We're going to have a. . . .

baby!!!! Okay, that was a cheap shot. Jonas and I didn't want to find out the gender of our baby again. The ultrasound was last week, and Jonas is scanning in the pictures today so we can post them soon. We got some fun 3-D ones that I hope turn out well enough for you to decipher what you're looking at. The baby looks like a little doll in the 3-D pictures. It weighs about one pound now. I just had an appointment yesterday and they said everything looks great! Hooray for that! My belly is ever growing. We've told Kjersten that mommy is growing a baby in her tummy, and Kjersten said that she is growing a baby too! She wants to name the baby Jillian, after her cousin who lives nearby. It's so fun to feel the baby move around! It likes to move a lot when Kjersten is sitting on my lap.

Everyone asks me whether I think it's a girl or a boy. I don't really know, and I'm very hesitant to guess. I feel like if I said one gender and it comes out the other, people will doubt my intuition as a mother. Silly, I know. I just don't have strong feelings one way or another. Jonas and his mother had dreams that we are having a girl, but I am guessing that it's a boy. There, I said it. That is my guess. And if it's not a boy, I'll be breaking my old roommate trend of having a girl and then a boy. Three of my old roommates have all had girls and then boys, and I don't want to be the one to mess up the pattern! Also, all my sisters have had either girl-boy or boy-girl. I would hate to be the odd ball. :)

All righty, we'll post pictures when we have them.

4 comments:

Michael Family said...

yay! I want to see if the pictures reveal anything. :)

amydear said...

It's a baby, and I get to see it almost first! Can't wait.

Sarah L. said...

My guess is that it is a boy;) So there, I guessed to:) Enjoy being pregnant;) It happens fast;) Oh by the way, have you seen any cougars lately that want to bite off your leg?

Maggie said...

My guess is that it's a boy and that our babies will be born on the same day (but only if you can stand to come early because I don't know if I've got the strength to go two weeks late :)).