Saturday, October 18, 2008

Well, we tried




Jonas, Kjersten and I ventured out this autumn afternoon to pick apples with Amy and her family, but alas, the two farms we tried did not have a U-pick apple orchard. One farm we went to was out of control! It felt like a carnival, with a fake pumpkin patch, a cute little tractor ride that resembled a roller coaster for little tikes, a haunted hotel, a corn maze, and many other attractions to dazzle the senses. Jonas and I aren't into the really busy scene, so we left soon after arriving. I'm not sure how Amy and her Veggie Bunch fared. We had fun at a smaller farm though. Kjersten got to pet a pony and a burrow, chase some chickens, and lead us through a corn maze. Sadly, I forgot the camera. I feel rather sheepish. BUT, I do have a couple of cute pictures of Kjersten playing with the three little pumpkins and two squirrel figurines that the sweet old ladies across the street got for her. Sadly again, we have some rather forward squirrels in our neighborhood, and the smallest pumpkin has since been demolished, or rather, eaten. The two pumpkins with the two squirrels is still cute though.

2 comments:

Michael Family said...

bummer about the apples. I guess you can always pick your own berries in summer though, right?

amydear said...

I will email you a couple of pics I took. KJ is cute!