Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stuff



My two girls are sleeping, and I feel like I have to do everything in fast forward so I can get done what I want while I have the time. Ever feel like that? Here goes.

Malia: GREAT news!!! Malia is taking a bottle, and even a bottle with formula. Jonas discovered that gem while I was out walking/running this morning. I was beginning to get worried that she wouldn't take to it, but she does. I still nurse, but I want to be able to be away for more than two hours at a time. She is four weeks old today, and will officially be one month on Friday. Crazy how it flies by. She is already so much bigger than she used to be.

Kjersten: She speaks with a Southern accent. It is so funny, it makes me laugh every time. One favorite line is, "I can get out of the car bah mah-sealf (by myself. Recall "It's Shake and Bake, and I helped," to get the right affect.)." She says lots of other funny things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Jonas: We celebrated his 27th birthday yesterday. He was getting a bit worked up about getting close to 30, but I don't think he's close to 30 until he's 29. We had Amy's family for dinner, and our friends the Rexes and our home teachers and their family over for dessert. Good times had by all, I think. I've said it before and I'll say it lots of times over, Jonas is the best husband and father I could ask for. He loves to be with his family, play with Kjersten, read her Calvin and Hobbes and build forts and chase her. He is kind, generous, selfless, and affectionate, and he taught me a cool trick when peeling oranges. Squeeze the orange all around to help get the white stuff off along with the peel. It's a very effective method.

Okay, Kjersten woke up, so I'd better get going. One more good thing: Malia woke up only once the past two nights. I hope it's a trend that will stay!

3 comments:

Michael Family said...

yay for bottles and sleeping! That is so funny about Kjersten's accent. James talked that way a lot too--still says some things that way. I don't know where kids get it.

Chuck and Nancy said...

Hey Friend,
This is actually my inlaws account, but it's cute to see your kids and stuff. I am turning 27 this year too, it sounds so much more legitimate for being an adult. I think it is a good thing. Best of luck with your goals. Since Petra arrived getting sewing is harder and harder to do just timing wise.
-emily hugo

amanda j said...

Congratulations! Malia and Kjersten are darn cute and I can't wait to *hopefully* see them in person. Love, love, love, and thanks for a quick update so I feel like less of a trashy friend.