Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hail the Hale!

Likes she's never heard that one before.

Can you believe it? I'm actually blogging about something besides my children. Amazing!

I just read another Shannon Hale book, Austenland, and loved, loved, loved it! I read it all in one day, staying up late again. Sigh. I love that too. And I love the ice cream I ate, and the run I went on earlier that day, and my husband that plays with the kids so I can go running. Gee whiz, I am just full of love.

But I digress. Austenland was perfectly narrated. Hale is so spot-on with the workings of a woman's mind, seeing as she is one. Although I do not agree that Colin Firth in a wet shirt is anything amazing, nor do I enjoy breeches. I prefer my man in blue jeans and a gray shirt, thanks. But reading the book was so enjoyable! There were surprises, too, which makes it all the more fun. I've read all of Austen's books at least two times, so was able to pick up on the stories and nuances. Reading it was familiar yet unexpected. Hooray for clever people!

3 comments:

Michael Family said...

I agree that Colin Firth is totally not hot. But I loved the book too.

Adee said...

Oooh, I'm so glad you loved the book. I also really enjoyed it, staying up to read it all in one night. I just couldn't seem to put it down! Good for you! Love ya! Miss ya!

Maggie said...

I need to read that one. Hope all is going well.