Monday, September 6, 2010

Hiking with Canadians. . .





is a guaranteed good time. One of J's missionary companions recently got married, and had to have some things sent to a US address, so they decided to visit us for a brief two night, one day stay. We had a great time getting to know Lars and Isabel. She is a true French-Canadian: how cool is that!?! I love Canada and used to wish I was Canadian, but Lars informs me that Canada is not as cool as it used to be. Still pretty, but terribly over-priced. I love all my Canadian friends dearly. Lars' accent was pretty strong: it was fun to listen to.

Lars is also excellent with children, and Kj and M adored him. We went hiking in the morning, relaxed in the afternoon, and then the adults went out to eat at a local pub, which serves superb hand-crafted root beer. Yum yum! I took sips from some of J's three glass fulls. The man loves his root beer.

Thanks for visiting, Lars and Isabel! We hope to see you again soon.

Yes folks, these are real Canadians
M and I just keepin' it cool

No comments: