Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy birthday M!



My baby turned two years old yesterday. We had family and a couple of friends over that night for cake (made by yours truly) and ice cream. I don't think that M opened one of her presents. She really didn't know what was going on, but she liked her presents eventually.

M is a very fun, active little girl, who is mostly obedient. There are times when I wistfully miss the unquestioning obedience of her 18-month old stage. She likes to take toys from others, especially from big sister, because it results in an amazing performance, and sometimes she hits and pushes, but those are in decline.

M talks like a three-year old. She loves to climb and jump and be moving. Often in the evening right before bed she runs loops around the kitchen and rolls all over the place. She really likes to play pass too, and has a mean over-hand throw. I think she'll be ready for a big-girl bed when we get the girls bunk beds because she likes to nap in Kj's bed, and hasn't fallen out yet. M is still very teachable. She is also uber independent. She has a personality trait already that I really admire. I have observed her working out a problem for up to 10 or 15 minutes by herself. She doesn't give up, doesn't whine, and doesn't ask for help. She keeps working towards the goal she has in mind. Me, I am more inclined to give up and decide that if it's too hard, it's not important enough for me.

I'm also very grateful that Kj is M's big sister. While Kj is definitely more the emotionally exhausting of the two, she is also fairly obedient, and doesn't get out of bed at night. For about a week when we converted M's crib to a toddler bed, M was coming out of the bedroom multiple times. Thankfully the behavior didn't develop into a habit, and I think it's Kj's good example. Siblings add a great dynamic to life, don't they?

We love our little M so much. She has a great personality and energy to her.










4 comments:

Tawny Crane said...

Best cake ever! And she really does talk like a 3 year old. I can't get enough of it.
Way to be super mom with a stellar party!

Joel Deehr said...

Happy b day M!

Michael Family said...

I love that first black and white picture of her. She looks so beautiful and timeless. The cake is awesome! You did a good job.

Lexi said...

Congratulations on #3! Emotional oldest, active second... I hope you get a happy 3rd like I have... (I think it is his key to survival!) Are you going to find out eh gender on this one? And, very cute Cake!