Sunday, March 6, 2011
What would you do if your 4 1/2 year old continued to wet her pants at least two times a day? This weekend was a doozy, with her going through 4 pairs of pants and underwear for three days in a row! I am having a hard time maintaining a functioning wardrobe for her with all these accidents.
And to top it off, my two-year old, the 25-month old (just turned two ONE month ago) is done napping. What is that all about?!? I thought Kj was a bad napper, but at least she napped until 2 1/2 years. So Moo is grumpy by 4 pm, and we have to deal with her for another 3 1/2 hours.
My parenting life is not my happiest right now. Thank goodness J's mom is coming down on Thursday to watch the kids for a couple of nights while we get away. Hooray! I am really, really looking forward to this weekend. No regulating kid fights, no worrying about my fully-functioning 4-year old who doesn't care if she pees her pants, no messes to clean, no child babbling to listen to. Sorry, I am a grumpy mama tonight.
I can't leave the post on this negative note, so let me talk about some good things:
- I'm feeling the baby move around sometimes, and that's fun.
- Spring is on its way. We went for a fun family walk today and KJ loved running around in the open air, exploring nature.
- J is done studying for the bar.
- Reading good books is a nice, relaxing escape.
- Talking with good friends is a nice thing to do, especially when they say they've been thinking about you. It's nice to be thought of.
- My favorite flower is lily-of-the-valley. Here's a pic for you to enjoy.