Monday, July 11, 2011

Seven years of wedded bliss

J and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary on Saturday. It was a lovely day complete with clear blue skies, bright sunshine, pleasant temperatures, a trip to the temple and out to eat with friends, and good conversations. Thank you to Aunt Nan for babysitting for the billionth time for us while we went to the temple.

I love going to the temple. Being reminded of the blessings Heavenly Father has for me, the promises I've made to Him, the wonderful peace I feel while there, it is rejuvenating to go there. And it will be my last visit for quite some time, as I won't be going before little S makes his entry into the world.

I'm not overly excited about posting this picture of me because I look HUGE, but I don't think I'm as fat as the picture portrays. Here's my vanity coming out again. :)

Marrying my husband is the best thing that has ever happened to me for so many, many reasons. I believe that the love between and man and a woman lawfully wedded as the Lord intended is very sacred. My husband's love for me gives me strength and confidence and a desire to better myself everyday. I see so many admirable qualities in him that I lack: his patience, his love for others, his lack of criticism, his playful energy with our girls, his sacrifice of self for the comfort of others, the list goes on. We enjoy learning together, making music, joking, and enjoying nature. I think we are a good team, and I know that our children feel loved. I'm grateful that I was raised to work toward being worthy to go to the temple and be sealed to a worthy man. We are completely loyal to each other and from that stems peace in our minds, our hearts, and our home.

I love you, J!


1 comment:

Michael Family said...

yay! Congratulations! You don't look fat, just pink. :)