Friday, April 6, 2012

Food snobbery

J and I are currently fasting from desserts . . . for four months. We are on week two and I don't like it. I want chocolate! I sneaked a chocolate chip that had fallen out of some muffins I made for the girls (my muffins had craisins and walnuts, sigh), and it was delicious! Don't worry. I confessed my weakness to hubby. July 9th seems so far away, but hopefully my desire for treats and chocolate will be diminished by then. I'm fasting from desserts because I can't really fast otherwise, and we're fasting for a long period because we have some important issues on our minds for our family right now.

Little S has quite the mature pallet for 7 1/2 months. He disdains baby food. At the beginning, he tolerated some cereal, but none of those pureed veggies or fruit for him, no sir! He prefers his yams roasted with onions and garlic, thank you very much. Graham crackers are a not-so-secret love of his, and one can always pop those little Cheerios for a pick-me-up. And mommy's pumpkin muffins are quite divine.

BTW, S is crawling!!! He started last weekend, March 31st, exactly 7 1/2 months old. He's already pulling himself up on things and cruising around on furniture. My eldest sister's daughter (I guess I could have said my niece) started walking at nine months. I don't really want a walking nine-month old, but I'm better about rolling with what comes my way these days.

Speak of the devil, little man is up.






1 comment:

Maggie said...

You are so good. I can't bear the thought of losing my treats, although I am sure it would help!! Cute pictures. S is getting so big!