Friday, June 22, 2012

Fast Five for Friday



As always, I have five minutes to post, so gotta make it quick!  I'm participating in the Women in the Scriptures blog hop.

~ 1 ~


We actually have plans to go somewhere for 4th of July.  I am so excited!  Our family doesn't get to travel much or far, so any diversion from the normal flow of days is very welcome.  We'll be camping one night near Newport, OR with some friends.  I wish we could have made it two nights, but with Little S in tow, we might be grateful we could only stay for one night.  

~ 2 ~

My parents and eldest sister and her family are coming into town next week.  Hooray!  A week of play and family and different activities to look forward to.  

~ 3 ~ 

I can not be explicit, but hubby and I have been waiting for some news for almost five weeks now.  We thought we would have to wait about two weeks.  For awhile, it was torture.  Every day, every text, every time the mail came, I anticipated hearing the news we've been waiting for.  I became a little depressed because I was weary of the unfulfilled expectation.  The last two weeks I've been asking the Lord to strengthen me and help me bear this small trial with patience.  It's working, mostly. :)  

~ 4 ~

Teddy is starting to walk a lot more, and it's so fun!  He's nice and steady, and very slow.  I love to watch his little steps, which are mostly up and down and not so much forward yet.  He can not yet go from sitting to standing; he has to pull himself up on something.  I think when he reaches that milestone he'll really take off.  I hope he improves a lot in the next couple of weeks because the prospect of a crawling baby while camping does not thrill me.

~ 5 ~

I recently finished David McCullough's Mornings on Horseback, a book about Theodore Roosevelt until about age 30.  It was an exhaustive, detailed, but good read.  Did you know that doctors suspect that asthma in children (not sports-induced) is not just physical but psychological as well?  That section of the book was incredibly interesting.  I need a good book now.  Any suggestions?  

Welcome to summer!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Sounds like you have a lot of excitement going on.