Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I'm still here. How are you?

Ack!  I have so many things to blog about and so little time.  So many pictures to upload and update and so little time.  I need to tell you about Kids Day 2015, which was the best yet.  And Little Sis turned two and is frequently unpleasant to be around.  Such a shame.  But Baby Sis is sleeping through the night and has been for about two weeks now.  I can't think of anything I did differently with her than with the others.  I think she just came this way, which is WONDERFUL.  Sadly, her daytime naps are often extremely lame ones, lasting about half an hour.  Why bother falling asleep if that's all you're going to do?  Oh well.  I try to not complain because she sleeps through the night, but it is very difficult to get anything productive done when there is a very awake little baby that can not entertain herself.  This too shall pass.  That is a very comforting phrase for me at times. 

A stomach bug recently made its way through the family, and with a family of seven, that takes a long time to do.  Big Sis got it last night.  The girl was sitting on the toilet and threw up all over the place.  She wasn't quite awake, I don't think.  Vomit is a nasty thing.  She has the worst of it and was puking all night long.  I got maybe four hours of sleep in the last 24 hours, so I need to get to bed now.  

I hope to update the blog soon.  Our summer is flying by and we are enjoying it.  I'm not doing as much summer school work as I would have liked, but the girls are reading voraciously as well as playing a lot outside, so it's not a total loss, right?  Hope you're having a good summer too.  We have a 40% chance of rain on Saturday, so please, please pray that we will get rain.  We need any rain that we can get. 


1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a mercy that your baby is a good (night) sleeper. I'm glad you decided to have lots of kids. It would be a shame to let all your cute genes go to waste.

Now I'm off to sleep, because my 6 month old will NOT sleep through the night. Not even a little.