Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Do you ever learn your lesson?

Because I sure don't.  I told myself I would really take it easy the first week after baby was born.  HH had work off, my sister came to help, and I was still up and about, keeping my house in order, blah blah blah.  I felt good though, so why not?

The day that baby was born, I got a sore throat.  I could feel my swollen glands, but it didn't really bother me, so I kept truckin' along.  But now my throat hurts, like I don't even want to swallow in the evenings, it bothers me so much.  My sister thought it might be allergies, but sadly, I have a viral infection.  My rapid strep test came back negative, and all other signs point to a viral infection.  So I've had this sore throat for 10 days.  I can't remember the last time I was sick for this long.  I guess a body trying to recover from birth has a hard time kicking a sore throat out the window too.  Especially when caring for a newborn and four other children ages 8 and younger.  What the heck did I sign up for?  Am I crazy?!?  Yes!!!

Thankfully, I still feel mostly fine.  I have a bit of a headache, but I often get headaches when I'm tired, and with a newborn, I am frequently tired.  Like every time I sit/lay down, I fall asleep tired.  But I haven't had any fevers or aches and pains, so all in all I can't really complain.  My goal is to take it easy through the weekend (ugh) and be ready to go on Monday.  Because that is my plan, it probably won't work.  I just feel so badly for HH.  He has worked so much harder the past couple of months the more pregnant I've gotten, he took time off of work last week, and he stayed home today too.  He and I just want to get back to normal.  We have a very blessed life, though.  Little Sis is a great toddler who can occupy herself for much of the day.  The kids play well together, and we live in a beautiful little spot.  I just hope the littles don't get the sore throat.  Poor baby already has her first little cold.  It's so amazing that her body is fully functioning and so tiny.  Life is a miracle. 

No comments: