Friday, July 25, 2008

Making the switch





Well friends, I did it! I finally ordered the new cloth diapers for Kjersten and bun-in-the-oven. I also made baby wipes with the guidance of my good friend, Britney. I haven't sewn anything since the boxer shorts I made in 7th grade, so I was pretty proud of myself, and am very excited to sew more! Don't look too closely at the seams. :) I washed all the diapers last night, and Kjersten started wearing them this morning. It will take awhile to work out all the logistics, but we'll get it figured out. Kjersten's bum is quite a bit bigger with the cloth diapers; it looked pretty funny in her little skirt today. We are using the Bum Genius One-Size diapers. They're quite pricey, but can be used from newborn until they're potty-trained. Most of the diapers are white, since we don't know the gender of the coming babe (and don't intend to find out until the actual birth), but I got a few cute yellows and greens in there. I am so excited!

2 comments:

amydear said...

Good job on the sewing! You can borrow my machine any time you get a hankering to sew some more boxer shorts. Huh?? I'm interested to see how the cloth diaper thing goes for you. Good luck!

Alicia and Ryan said...

WOW. Your baby is getting BIG. I still remember her laying on a blanket in the back of class.

So, why are so many people switching to cloth diapers? My cousin just did, too.