1) Jicama!!!! Have you ever tried this, um, vegetable? I don't know that it's really a vegetable, but it's delicious! A bit of a chalky feel, but sweet and crispy. My sis shared a delectable corn salad recipe that includes jicama. I like to eat it plain too. Yum!
2) Farmer's markets. We go every Tuesday. K loves to get the honey sticks. Amy kindly shares her veggie garden with us, so we mostly get fruit. Did you know there are green cantaloupes? I just learned that last week.
3) Chocolate, specifically the Endangered Species dark chocolate with toffee and hazelnuts. Delicious!
4) Opportunities to earn money to pay off my road bike. I'm watching Amy's three kids this week, along with my two little ones. I think Boo and K will need some time apart. Learning to share and take turns is a process.
5) Riding my road bike. Riker and I have been out for some fun rides. We live near the country side, and Jonas is generous and enables me to go out for two-hour rides. It's beautiful, wonderful, and nice to be away from the kiddos for a time.
6) Going out to lunch with friends.
7) Shopping without kids. I got two cute pairs of jeans. It's fun to trim up after having a baby and look good in clothing. Despite my not doing my hair and wearing minimal make-up, I do have a vain side. :)
I've had a good week. Onto a more challenging one, but the Veggie Bunch children are very well-behaved. We have something fun planned for each day, including a fun surprise project provided by their mom. Should be good times. Have fun in NYC, Tall Man and Am-Doo!